Monday 16 January 2012

FTOD: Make up look for green eyes :) + Collection 200 lasting perfection concealer review

Hello :)
My make up look for today with lilac eyeshadow from MUA palette. I think these colours are a great choice for ladies with green eyes (like me) as they make them really stand out. It may seem that lilac colours won't work with warm skin tones, but I personally think they do, especially with yellow skin tones as lilac and yellow contrast with each other. I personally have warm undertone to my skin and I find wearing lilac/purple eye shadows with cool pink or purple doesn't fork for my compxion, so instead I choose warm nude lip colours such Sleek Naked lipstick.
MUA eyeshadow trio in Passion, which I used for this eye look. I really like colours in this palette but I'm not fun of the texture of the eye shadows. They seem quite sheer in application and difficult to work with. I much prefer 12 colour eye shadow pallets from MUA in terms of the texture. Though the colours are lovely and I may try other ways of applying these eye shadows.

In this post I'm also doing a review on my new concealer from Collection 2000 which I got today because I've completely finished other 2 concealers I had from different brands.

Product list:

Face:
Garnier BB Cream in Light
Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer
Benefit Hoola Bronzer (a perfect matte bronzer that isn't orange)
VIVO baked blush in shade 3 (very natural colour)

Eyes:
Elf Mineral eyeshadow base
MUA eyeshadow trio in Passion
Elf Mineral Infused Mascara
Purple eye liner from 2True (UK brand)

Lips:
Sleek lipstick in Naked
______________________________________________________________________________ 
New Love - Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
COLLECTION 200 Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 3 Medium
I've run out of my other 2 concealers I had which didn't seem to last log and just didn't give work very good for me. I believe this is because I use Garnier BB cream which doesn't really cover any imperfections so I use a lot of concealer to cover everything up :) I spent a lot of time looking at different brands to pick the right one and suddenly came across this one. I must admit, I did research it before I actually bought it and it seemed to gave good reviews and a good price so I eventually bought it. My thought about this product are that I'm very impressed with it. I used it today with my Gainer BB Cream and you can see this concealer perfectly covered my spots and acne scars better than those I've used before. Covering imperfection I think is the main job of the concealer and this one does it perfectly. It also lasts well throughout the day and I like a formula, very creamy when applying on the skin and then it dries down. The formula actually reminds me of eye shadow base such as from Elf or Urban Decay. I actually thought of trying it as an eyeshadow base :)
To summarise, I think this product offers excellent value for the money and I will definitely buy it again.

Thanks for reading..
I hope you are all well,
Tanya xx

1 comment: